Virtual Desktop Infrastructure - Accessing VDI from a web browser
This document outlines accessing VDI from a web browser.
1. To access VDI, begin by visiting the webpage https://virtual.swtc.edu
2. Once your webpage loads, you should see a screen with a prompt like the one shown below:
3. Select "VMware Horizon HTML Access" on the right to proceed.
4. A new screen should load prompting for login credentials. Login with your Southwest Tech username and password that you would use to login to the computers on campus. If you need assistance with changing passwords, please visit our student password reset guide: https://kb.swtc.edu/82541
4. Once logged in, you will then see a grey screen with a computer icon. This is a virtual machine that you are entitled to use. Click on the virtual desktop you would like to access and it will begin the login process.
5. During the login process, you will be met with a familiar Windows screen showing your username and a loading wheel. Once your profile setup has been completed, you will see the Windows desktop with the Charger logo.
The virtual desktops are not persistent, meaning that anything you customize or save locally will not exist the next time you access the desktop.
6. From here, you can use the computer as you normally would if you were sitting in front of one on campus.
Note: this virtual desktop is running through a web browser and all of the browser controls still apply. For example, if you select the Back button, your browser would exit the desktop and revert to the previous page. Similarly, if you close out of the web browser, your virtual desktop session will close as well.