Topics Map > Software > Microsoft Office
Office 365 - Transfer Google Drive Documents to OneDrive
This document will show you how to transfer over documents from Google Drive to OneDrive.
Note: This process may take a while depending on the amount of files to transfer and your connection speed.
- Open up your student email (Gmail) through MySWTC.
- In Gmail, click on the "Menu" option in the upper right hand corner and then select "Account".
- Under the "Privacy & personalization" section click "Manage your data & personalization".
- Under the "Transfer you content" section select "Start transfer".
- Under the "Download or delete your data" section select "Download you data".
- On the "Google Takeout" screen select "Deselect all".
- Scroll down the list and check the box next to "Drive".
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Next step".
- Leave the default options checked for the "Choose file types, frequency & destination" option. Click "Create export".
- Google will prepare your files for download. This may take a while depending on how many files you have stored in Google Drive.
Note: This step may take a long time to complete. You will receive an email with the download link when it completes if you don't have time to wait for it to finish.
- Once the export is complete, select "Download" to download the .zip file. Save the file to your computer where you can access it.
- Open the .zip file by either clicking on it from the download window or navigating to where you saved the file.
- Extract the contents of the .zip file. If using Windows, select the "Extract all" button in the ribbon.
- Click "Extract" to extract the files to location listed.
- Once the files are extracted they should open in a new window automatically. If not, navigate and open the newly created folder.
- Within the newly extract folder, open the "Takeout" folder.
- Open the "Drive" folder.
- In the "Drive" folder you will find all of your Google Drive files.
- Open up office.com and sign in with your student account.
- Select "OneDrive" from the list of applications.
- Select all the files from Google Drive folder you download and drag them into OneDrive. The files will begin uploading to OneDrive.
Note: This step may take a little while depending on your network connection speed and the amount of files to be transferred.
- Once the upload completes you will see the files listed in OneDrive.