Windows - Update GlobalProtect through the Software Center
This document will show faculty and staff how to update GlobalProtect through the Software Center.
Note: You must be on campus, or connected through the VPN, to install an application through the Software Center.
- Save any open files you have open and close out of all open programs.
- In the Start Menu, under the "Microsoft System Center" folder, open up "Software Center".
- When the "Software Center" is open select GlobalProtect.Note: If the software was recently made available to you is not showing up, please try again a little later. When the software is made available your computer needs to connect back to the server to get the list of available applications. If you haven't been connected to the Southwest Tech network for a long enough time it may not be available yet.
- When you are ready to install the software, press the "Install" button.
- After selecting "Install", the software will first download to your computer. You can see progress of this under the "Status" heading below the "Install" button. The time it takes to download will depend on the size of software and network speed (typically will take less than 5 minutes for most software). Once the software is downloaded it will begin installing. During the installation process, if you are connected to GlobalProtect and not on campus, the program will force close and disconnect you from the VPN. The installation should still complete even though you will get disconnected. The whole process typically takes less than 10 minutes.
- Once complete, you will receive a message in the bottom right corner of your screen and the "Status" will update to "Installed".
- GlobalProtect has been updated and is ready to be used again. If you are off-campus, open GlobalProtect and connect to the VPN. You will be prompted for your credentials which are the same that you log into the computer with. Your username and password will be saved after your first login.