Topics Map > Account
Topics Map > Phone
Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) - Register Authentication Methods
This document will assist you in registering additional authentication methods for the Self-Service Password reset tool in the event you forget your password.
Register Self-Service Password Rest Authentication methods
1. Visit https://aka.ms/ssprsetup
2. If prompted, login with @swtc.edu email and password.
Note: Information Technology Services recommends registering multiple secondary authentication methods (Microsoft Authenticator, Mobile Phone Number). Multiple methods assists you in the event one method is unavailable.
Register Microsoft Authenticator App
1. Click "Add Method"
2. Select "Authenticator app" from the drop down list and click "Add"
3. Obtain the Authenticator App by scanning the QR Code.
4. Once the Authenticator App is installed, click "Next"
5. Follow on screen prompts:
6. Scan the Code in the Authenticator App and then click "Next"
7. Approve the Notification on your Authenticator App
8. Once approved, this screen will appear. Click "Next" to complete the registration process.
Register Phone (Mobile or Landline)
Mobile Phone can receive SMS code or phone call.
Landline can receive only phone call.
1. Click "Add Method" button.
2. Select "Phone" from the drop down menu and click "Add"
3. Enter your mobile phone number and click "Next"
4. Answer your phone and Press the "#" key when prompted
5. Once your phone is verified, click "Done"
Change your default Self-Service Password Reset sign-in method
1. Click the "change" link next to Default Sign-in method.
2. Select your preferred default method from the drop down list and click "Confirm"