Accessing SnapPlus from a VDI Environment
This document outlines the procedure for opening and using SnapPlus in VMware VDI.
1. Launch the SnapPlus software. The icon is located on the desktop.
2. Select File, then Open SnapPlus farm.
3. Browse for the file by finding and double-clicking This PC in the left column.
4. Once This PC is opened, the menu will expand to show additional locations. Scroll down to find network drive that matches your student netID. (i.e. Joe Smith with a student ID of 1234567 would be smi4567). This location is called the H: drive. Select the H: drive to open the contents in the right column.
From here, select the farm you want to open, this case being Horsfall.
5. After the farm opens, you will see a message about network drives pop up. Select OK or Cancel to proceed.
After closing the previous message, the Help file will open. Close this by clicking the X in the top right corner if the SnapPlus Help Version 19 window.
6. The Farm file is now opened and ready to modify.
Note: Be sure to save regularly. Once the Farm is opened for the first time, it is good practice to make a change to the Farm, then save and close. Reopen the farm using the above steps and verify that the change was saved successfully.