Virtual Desktop Infrastructure - Installing the VMware Horizon Desktop Client
This guide outlines the procedure for installation and configuration of the VMware Horizon Desktop Client
- If you are using campus hardware or a Charger Tech 360 laptop, install VMware Horizon through the Company Portal. See Company Portal for install instructions.
- Once the VMware Horizon is installed through the Company Portal, open "VMware Horizon Client" from the desktop shortcut or start menu.
- Double click on the "virtual.swtc.edu" entry.
- You will then be prompted to log in with your netID. Enter your credentials and click "Login".If your name is John Smith and your student ID is 1234567, you will log in with smi4567. If you need assistance with account access or password reset, please visit our KB page: https://kb.swtc.edu/82541
- Once you login you will now see your the virtual machines your account is entitled for. You can then click on the virtual machine and it will load and fill your screen and you can begin using the virtual desktop.