Phone - MiCollab SoftPhone
This document will show you how to receive and make calls with your SoftPhone.
Setting up MiCollab Software
1. Connect to the Southwest Tech VPN. (See VPN - Connect to the Southwest Tech VPN)
2. Open the MiCollab software from the "Start Menu" > "MiCollab" > "MiCollab".
3. In the top right of the MiCollab software, click where it says your name and has your initials in a circle:
4. Click the drop down arrow:
5. Click "Working from Home" or "In a meeting" depending if you want to receive calls or have them go to voicemail.
Note: Make sure you have a wired headset plugged in, or your laptop lid is open and volume turned up.
Modify "In a Meeting" status to send calls to voicemail1. In the top right of the MiCollab software, click where it says your name and has your initials in a circle:
2. Click the drop down arrow, then click "Manage Status":
3. Under Status - Click "In a Meeting"
4. Scroll down to "Do Not Disturb" and check the "Enable Do Not Disturb" checkbox
5. Click the blue "Done" button:
Making a Phone Call
1. Click in the "search field" at the top of window and type the number you wish to dial leading the number with a 1 (ex. 160812345467).
2. Click the blue highlighted number to call the number.
3. Click the red phone button to end call.
Receiving a Phone Call
1. When you receive a phone call you will hear it ringing through the speakers on your computer. Open MiCollab and click the green "SoftPhone" button to answer.