QuickBooks - Software Install
This document shows students how to install QuickBooks on their student laptops.
Note: Only install this software when requested by your instructor. If you install this software before required your license may expire before your class finishes.
Students are eligible for a one-year student license of QuickBooks Online and a five-month student license of QuickBooks Desktop. As a student you can request this license twice a year for each year you are a student at Southwest Tech. This will allow you to use the QuicBooks desktop software during
- Visit the QuickBooks student license page here: https://www.intuit.com/partners/education-program/registration/students/quickbooks-desktop/
- Fill out the out all the information.
Make sure you use your student email address for the email field.
Enter in "Southwest Wisconsin Technical College" for the School Name.
Select the QuickBooks Desktop Version that instructor asks you to install.
- Click "Verify and Continue".
- You will be present with a page that contains the download link, your license number, and product number. This information will also be emailed to you.
- Select the text "please click here to download a .exe file" to begin downloading your file.
- Run the installer once the download completes.
- Click "Next".
- Select "Accept & Continue".
- Enter in your license and product number and then click "Next".
- Click "Next".
- Click "Install".
- The software will begin installing.
- Once the installation completes click "Open QuickBooks".