Accessing SWTC resources from a high school Chromebook
- Mineral Point
- Prairie du Chien
- River Ridge
SWTC Account Sign-in
1. In your web browser begin by signing into the MySWTC Student Portal (https://www.swtc.edu/myswtc). Be sure to select the appropriate term and click the Login button.
2. After successful Student Portal authentication, follow this link to sign out of your K12 Microsoft account: Sign out of all Microsoft accounts. A new window will appear and automatically sign your account out.
Once signed out, the window will refresh and display a message that you have been successfully signed out.
Close the window and navigate back to your MySWTC Student Portal.
3. Back in your MySWTC Student Portal, navigate to the My Courses section in the top right corner.
4. The browser will redirect you to a Microsoft login page. If your high school uses a Microsoft account, you will see this in the list of options. Select Use another account.
5. When prompted, enter your Southwest Wisconsin Technical College student email address. The format is student portal username @swtc.edu. (e.g. if your name is John Smith and Your student ID is 1234567, your email is email@example.com) Click Next.
6. The page will reload and display a SWTC-branded login page. The student’s email address will be shown and they’ll be prompted for a password. Enter your student portal password and click Sign in.
7. After successful authentication, you will either be prompted to configure mutli-factor authentication (MFA) or verify identity if MFA is already configured for your account. If you still need to configure MFA, refer to the information below.
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) Configuration
MFA requires the registration of a secondary device (smartphone) to validate identity when signing in. This means the student will need access to their smartphone when signing into SWTC resources.
1. If you have not configured MFA, after signing in with your SWTC email address and password, you will see the prompt below. Click Next to proceed.
2. There are two options that satisfy the MFA requirement. Either click Next to download the Microsoft Authenticator app to your smartphone and link with your SWTC student account or click I want to set up a different method in the lower left corner to register your cell phone number to receive an SMS message (text) or phone call.
For the complete MFA setup guide, please visit the MFA Knowledgebase article here: Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) - Overview