Topics Map > Training
Topics Map > Software
Topics Map > Schoology
Activating Your Cengage Access Code in Schoology
If you have not purchased your access code, click here for instructions.
1. Login to the MySWTC student portal and click the My Textbooks link to open eCampus.
2. Click the Textbooks link on the left side of the page and choose Digital Bookshelf from the drop-down menu
3. Click the Digital Bookshelf link near the top of the page
4. Find the Cengage subscription you purchased under Active Material
5. Click the icon to Reveal the code
6. Click the I acknowledge and accept checkbox and then the Reveal My Access Info button.
7. Click the Copy button
8. Login to Schoology (Insert instruction link)
9. Open the course that needs the access code
10. Click on the Materials Tab on the left
11. Scroll down to open the Course Work Folder
12. Click to open the Cengage Only Directions Folder
13. In the Cengage Only Directions folder, click the Cengage Materials Link
14. Sign in to Cengage. If this is your first time using Cengage you will need to click the Create Account link. NOTE: Create an account using your Southwest Tech email address and password.
15. Once you are logged in to Cengage, go back to Schoology and click on the Cengage Materials link again (see #13 above for instructions)
16. Click the “Enter your access code” link on the Payment Required Screen
17. Paste the access code you copied in Step 7 and click the Register button
18.You should now see the screen below. NOTE: Close this window to go back to Schoology. Do NOT click the Continue button. Click the Cengage Materials link again in Schoology (see # 13 above for instructions) to open the Cengage content.
You only need to complete this process one time. From now on anytime you click on a Cengage assignment in the course in Schoology, Cengage will automatically open.
To watch a video of this process click here.