Topics Map > Software
TraCS - Software Install
This document shows students how to install TraCS on their student laptops.
- Open up "Company Portal" on your laptop. For information on the Company Portal please view: Company Portal
- In the Company Portal, find and select "TraCS". Use the search in the top left for a quick way to find the software.
- Select "Install".
- TraCS will begin downloading. The download length may vary depending on your internet speed but typically this will take less than 10 minutes. Once the software has downloaded, the installer will open automatically.
- Once the installer appears, you will see a black command window screen and some pop-ups. Do NOT click on anything at this time. Allow a few minutes and the installation will proceed.
- After a few minutes, you will presented with the "TraCS" screen. It will notify you that an update is required. Click "Yes" to install that update.
- Wait for the update to install. This may take a while to complete (approximately 10 minutes).
- Once the installation finishes you will be brought to the TraCS login screen. Click "Cancel" as this will finalize the installation of TraCS. You may close out the Company Portal at this time if you still have it open.
- You may now re-open TraCS from the desktop shortcut it created.
- TraCS is now installed and ready to use. Your instructor will provide you with credentials to sign into TraCS.