Email - Android - Configure Student Email in Gmail App
This document shows students how set up their student email on their Android phone.
- Launch “Settings” from your home screen, the app drawer, or the notification dropdown. This icon is usually represented by a gear.
- In the “Settings” menu tap on “Accounts”.
- Tap “Add Account” at the bottom of the list.
- Tap “Google” from the list of accounts you can add.
- Enter in your Southwest Tech email (ex. email@example.com) and tap "Next".
- You will need to verify your credentials through the Southwest Tech email portal. A window will pop up where you can enter in your student username (ex. smi4839) and password. Enter in your credentials and then tap “Login”.
- After logging in you will be taken back to your “Accounts” screen.
- If you open your Gmail app you should now see your Southwest Tech emails. It may take a few minutes for your email to sync.
Note: If you have multiple Gmail accounts you can switch between them in the Gmail app.
1. In the Gmail app, click the "Hamburger" menu in the top left menu.
2. Tap on the different icons to switch between accounts. The account on the left (green in the example picture) is the Inbox that is currently showing. If you tap on the yellow account that will switch over to that accounts Inbox.