Account - Forgot/Change My Password, Account Activation (Student)
This document will show students how to reset their MySWTC/Schoology/Email password or activate their account.
Your username for logging in to Southwest Tech systems is the first 3 letters of your last name followed by the last 4 numbers of your Student ID
Example – John Smith's username, with a student ID of 1324567, would be smi4567.
Most programs use these same credentials (Schoology, MySWTC, Email, etc).
Your student email address is your username followed by @swtc.edu
Example - email@example.com
Your account will lock after 4 failed login attempts. You can contact the Helpdesk to get your account unlocked otherwise it will unlock automatically after 30 minutes.
Reset Password/Activate Account
- To reset your password, go to: https://portal.swtc.edu/reactivate/default.aspx?role=Student
- Follow the on screen instructions to reset your password.
Step 1 - Read the policy and and then click "I Agree".
Step 2 - Enter in the 5 digit code for validation then click "Next".
Step 3 - Requires that you know either your Student ID or your Social Security number. You will also need to provide your Date of Birth.
Note: Make sure that your Social Security number
(XXX-XX-XXXX) and date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY) are entered in with the proper format.
- Verify your account information and then click "Next
".Step 5 -
Answer your security question and then click "Next
". If you can’t remember you security question answer you will need to contact the helpdesk at 608-822-4357 for assistance.Step 6 -
Enter in a new password that meets the following requirements and then click "Next".
- Cannot contain part or all of your name or username.
- Must be 8-16 characters long.
- Cannot be one of the last 24 passwords used.
- Must contain at least 3 of the following 4 categories:
* One or more capital letters
* One or more lower case letters
* One or more numbers
* One or more special charactersStep 7
- Click "Next
" on the process confirmation page.Step 8
- If you are brought to a message that shows your email address and username then your password has been reset.
If you receive an Error
on this step then your password probably did not meet the requirement. Try going through the wizard again and carefully read through the requirements in "Step 6" to make sure your password is compliant.