Email - Google - Backup/Download Student Email (Gmail) and Calendar
This document will show you how to backup and download your student email and calendar.
- Open up your student email (Gmail) through MySWTC.
- In Gmail, click on the "Menu" option in the upper right hand corner and then select "Account".
- Under the "Personal info & Privacy" section click "Control your content".
- Click "Create Archive".
- Chose the data you would like to backup. If you only want your email and calendar click "Select None" and then check "Mail" and "Calendar".
- After all the services you want backed up are selected click "Next".
- Select the archive format settings you would like. You can choose ".zip" or ".tgz", the max file size, and how how you want it delivered. If you use an option other than "Send download link via email" there may be additional steps to link your storage account. When you have the settings the way you would like click "Create Archive".
- When your archive is complete you will receive an email. In your email, click "Download archive" to begin the download. You may be asked to sign into your Google Account again before the download can begin.
- Your download should begin automatically. If it doesn't begin automatically click "Download".
- Find you downloaded file, right click on it, and select "Extract All...".
- Leave the default settings and click "Extract".
- A window will open with a folder called "Takeout" in it. Open the "Takeout" folder and you will see a list of folders for all data you backed up. In each folder will be the backup file(s) for your account.
If you need additional instructions on how to use the backup file(s) open the "Index.html" in web browser like Chrome, Firefox, or Edge. A web page will open with all the services (Mail, Calendar, etc) you backed up listed. Click the on the service and additional instructions will show up.