Topics Map > Software > Greenshades
Greenshades - Supervisor Approval for Time Off
This document will show supervisors how approving time off is completed using Greenshades.
- Employees can submit their timesheets without the Supervisor approving their time off first.
- Use the Employee Management Tab to approve time off, not your notifications.
- Holiday pay for Hourly employees with automatically appear on their timesheets and do not need to be approved.
- Salary (Exempt) employees will not have Holiday pay show on their timesheets. Time off for School Closed, Bereavement and Jury/Active Duty will not be entered
- To eliminate cancellation of time off requests, please send a meeting calendar request for your time off and then follow the directions below for requesting time off in Greenshades:
- Hourly employees record your actual time worked and at the end of the week determine your time off needs and create requests in Greenshades accordingly.
- Exempt (Salary/Faculty) should request their time off in Greenshades the day after the time off ends.
- It is suggested that each Friday you review/approve your time off requests for your employees.
When employees submit time off requests you will receive an Email Notification similar to this:
**you may delete these requests and plan to review your time off requests each Friday through the Employee Management tab.
Go to Tasks or the Employee Management Tab from the Employee Home Screen.
The red circle indicates how many tasks are waiting; choose the Time off button to proceed.
Choose the Employee Name you want to review.
Review request and click Deny Request or Approve Request for timesheet.
Uncheck the "Generate an Outlook
Calendar Appointment" so you don’t receive a Notification asking if you would like to add the request as an event on your
calendar. If you forget to uncheck, just delete the notification when it comes