Topics Map > Schoology > Assignments
Topics Map > Schoology > Grading
Schoology - How to Create a Group Assignment
This article will show you how to use Schoology to offer group assignments.
Creating a group assignment in Schoology is a multi step process that requires a lot of tools inside Schoology.
The steps to creating a group assignment are:
- Create a Group Project Folder
- Create Assignment areas for each Group
- Name Assignment with Group #'s (Group #1 Assignment).
- Individually Assign each group member to the proper assignments.
- Create Discussion areas for each Group
- Name Discussions with Group #'s (Group #1 Discussion).
- Individually Assign each group member to the proper Discussion.
- Create either a Gradebook Column or Assignment Placeholder for grading purposes.
Create a Group Project Folder
- Add Materials and Add Folder
- Name Group Project
Create an Assignment area for each Group
- Add Materials and Add Assignment (1 for each Group)
- Individually Assign each Assignment to Group Members
Create a Discussion area for each Group
- Add Materials and Add Discussion (1 for each Group)
- Name and Individually Assign each Discussion to Group Members
Create a Grading Item for the Group Project
Grade Column or Assignment
- Click Gradebook
- Click the Plus in the upper right corner and choose Add Grade Column or Add Assignment
- Name Grade Column or Assignment, Add Category