SSRS - Overview
This document will show you how to access and use SSRS.
SSRS works in all browsers including Chrome and Firefox. SSRS is only accessible when on campus or through the VPN.
Adding SSRS to your Bookmarks (Chrome)
- Visit the SSRS website (https://reports.swtc.edu/reports).
- Sign in with same credentials you use to
log into your computer.
- After signing in, you will see the SSRS dashboard.
- To add this link to your favorites, click on
the star on the right side or the URL bar in Chrome.
- Rename the link to "SSRS" and add it to the folder you
like. Adding it the "Bookmarks bar" will provide easy access.
- Click Done.
- You should now see the new bookmark to SSRS in my
- If it does not show up on the bookmarks bar, it may be that
you are not “showing” your bookmarks bar.
To show your bookmarks bar:
a) Click on the "3 dots" on the top right or your Chrome window.
b) Hover over "Bookmarks".
c) Click "Show Bookmarks Bar".
A new feature in SSRS is “Favorites”. This allows you to keep all of your commonly used reports in one folder.
add a report to a Favorite, click the 3 dots on the top right of a report and
then click "Add to Favorites".
- You can now click your Favorites folder to access any of the
reports you have added.
Another feature of SSRS is the ability to create
subscriptions. Subscriptions allow you
to email yourself (and only yourself) a report on a schedule that you determine.
- To create a subscription, click on the 3 dots on the right side of a report.
- Click on the "Edit Schedule" link.
- On this screen you can schedule the days and times you would
like to receive this report. You can
also select start and end dates.
- When done click "Apply".
- This will take you back to your original screen. You will see at the top the schedule you have
- Enter your email address (a
reminder that you can only email this to yourself).
- Enter the parameters of the report. In the drop downs select those
- When all options are selected click "Create Subscription".