Network/Internet - Connect to SWTC Guest Wireless
This document will show you how to connect to the SWTC Guest Wireless.
- Select and connect to "SWTC-Guest" from the list network connections available.
- Once connected, your default browser should automatically open to the "Acceptable Use Policy" page. If it does not, try opening a web browser and navigating to a website (ex. yahoo.com) and it should automatically redirect to the "Acceptable Use Policy" page.
- Read through the "Acceptable Use Policy" and "Accept".
Internet Access is provided at Southwest Tech for all staff and students. Staff and students who violate any of the following may lose access privileges and be subject to other disciplinary or legal action. The following are not permitted using the campus internet connection:
- Disseminating or printing copyrighted materials, including articles and software, in violation of copyright laws.
- Sending, receiving, printing, or otherwise disseminating Southwest Tech’s proprietary data, trade secrets, or other confidential information.
- Operating a business, usurping business opportunities, or soliciting money for personal gain.
- Making offensive or harassing statements and/or disparaging others based on race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, ancestry, disability, age, sex, or sexual orientation.
- Viewing, downloading, uploading, sending, or soliciting sexually oriented messages or images. Visiting sites featuring pornography, terrorism, espionage, or theft for intentions other than provable educational purposes.
- Gambling or engaging in any other criminal activity in violation of local, state, or federal law.
- Viewing, writing or posting content that could damage the reputation of Southwest Tech.
- Using internet technologies for the purposes of cheating.
- Intentionally misusing any computer, computer system, or computer network, including the internet connection in a way that may cause damage.
The College reserves the right to review files and communications to maintain computer system integrity and ensure that students and staff are using the College information technology resources responsibly. Users should have no expectation of privacy when using the College’s technology resources.
Your access to the Guest Wi-Fi Service is completely at the discretion of SWTC and your access to the Service may be blocked, suspended, or terminated at any time for any reason including, but not limited to, violation of this Agreement, disruption of access to other Users or networks, or violation of applicable laws or regulations. This is an open wireless network. No network communication is 100% secure.
- Once you accept the terms you will be presented with a "Connection Successful" message. You now have access to the internet.