Topics Map > Software > Windows
Windows - Install an Application through the Software Center
This document will show faculty and staff how to install an application through the Sofware Center.
- Save any open files you have open and close out of all open programs.
- In the Start Menu, under the "Microsoft System Center" folder, open up "Software Center".
- When the "Software Center" is open select the software that you would like to install.
- When you are ready to install the software, press the "Install" button. If you are installing a newer version of an application that is already installed on your computer make sure that the program is closed before starting the installation.
- After selecting "Install", the software will first download to your computer. You can see progress of this under the "Status" heading below the "Install" button. The time it takes to download will depend on the size of software and network speed (typically will take less than 5 minutes for most software). Once the software is downloaded it will begin installing. You may receive a pop-up window asking you to close out of certain programs before it begins installing if it detects they are still running.
- When the software begins installing you will receive another pop up indicating that the software is installing. Do not close out of any of these windows until the installation completes. Please be patient and do not try to open any programs during the installation as it may conflict with the software installation.
- You will receive a message when the installation is complete. Click "OK" to close out of the Application Deployment window. You may also close out of the "Software Center" window at this time.
- Your software should now be installed. Check in your Start Menu to see the newly installed software.