Topics Map > Printing
Topics Map > Network/Internet > VPN (Remote Access)
VPN - Printing While Connected to the Southwest Tech VPN
This document will show you how to print when using the Southwest Tech VPN.
- For security purposes, while connected to the Southwest Tech VPN, you will be unable to print to a wireless-enabled printer in your home.
- USB connected printers are not affected by VPN connectivity and you will be able to print as normal.
- To print from your SWTC issued device to a wireless printer at home, save your document to the local computer storage (i.e. Documents or Desktop; if you save the document to a network drive, you will be unable to access it after disconnecting from the VPN).
- Disconnect from the VPN. See the following document for help navigating the VPN software: VPN - Connect to the Southwest Tech VPN
- Once disconnected you will now have access to your home printer again.
- Print the documents needed and then reconnect to the VPN to continue your work.