Topics Map > Software > Zoom
Zoom - Camera and Microphone Guide
This guide outlines the necessary permissions required for Zoom to operate properly on Windows and Mac computers.
Select your operating system
1. Ensure that Zoom is installed on your computer. Navigate to the search icon on the taskbar and type Settings, then press Enter to bring up the settings menu.
2. In the Windows Settings menu, find the Privacy menu and clock on it to proceed. Note: The Settings menu is not listed in alphabetical order and will vary based on your computer.
3. On the left side of the Privacy settings, find the sections Camera and Microphone. Open the Camera menu and verify that the Apps can access your camera (highlighted in green).
4. Next, scroll down on the Camera Settings menu. Find the section Choose which apps can access your camera. If Zoom is in this list, verify that the switch is set to On. If Zoom is not in this list, it will already have the required access permissions.
5. Repeat these steps for the Microphone settings menu. After these are complete, restart Zoom and perform a test of the microphone and camera.
1. Navigate to the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
2. Open the Security & Privacy menu by clicking on the icon.
3. In the Security & Privacy menu, scroll down on the left menu and select Camera. Verify that zoom.us is set to access the camera. Note: You may be prompted to enter credentials to make settings changes.
4. Repeat this step for the Microphone. Again, verify that zoom.us is set to access the microphone.
6. Open Zoom and run a test to verify that the microphone and camera are working properly.