Sage 50 - Software Install
This document shows students how to install Sage 50 on their student laptops.
Note: A serial key is needed to activate this software. Your instructor will provide you with the serial key.
- Open up "Company Portal" on your laptop. For information on the Company Portal please view: Company Portal
- In the Company Portal, find and select "Sage 50". Use the search in the top left for a quick way to find the software.
- Select "Install".
- Sage 50 will begin downloading. The Sage 50 software is large and may take a some time to download based on your connection speed. Once the software has downloaded, the installer will open automatically. If the installer doesn't pop up automatically you may find it flashing in the taskbar. If that happens select the Sage 50 icon in the taskbar to show the installer.
Note: You may receive an error stating the download has failed during the download or installation process. If this happens please be patient a wait a little while for the installer to open automatically.
- Once the installer appears, click "Install".
- Select "Next".
- Agree to the terms and then click "Next".
- Click "Next"
- Enter in the serial number provided by the instructor and then click "Next".
- Leave "Yes" selected and then click "Next".
- Click "Install".
- Sage 50 will begin installing.
- Click "Finish" and Sage 50 will open.
- Once Sage 50 is open, click "Help" on the top menu and then select "Sage 50 Activation, Licensing, and Subscription Options"
- Select "Activate Online Now". If instead you see a message saying "Sage 50 Complete Accounting - Educational Version is currently activated" you can close out of the window and skip to step 18.
- Sage 50 will activate online.
- Once the activation is complete, click "OK".
- Sage 50 is now activated and ready to use.
Note: In the Company Portal the software may show with a status of "Failed to install". This should resolve over time and show as installed.
Display Issues? If Sage 50 is not displaying content properly in the application follow the steps below.
- Right click anywhere on your desktop and select "Display Settings".
- Under “Scale and layout”, set “Change the size of text, apps, and other items” to “100%”.
- Restart the computer or log out of the computer to the sign in screen and sign back in.
- If items are too small and hard to read after making that change go back into the Display Settings by following Step 1 again. Change the "Display Resolution" to "1280x720".