Ag Leader SMS - Software Install
This document shows students how to install Ag Leader SMS on their student laptops.
Note: Login credentials are required to activate this software. Your instructor will provide you with the credentials.
- Open up "Company Portal" on your laptop. For information on the Company Portal please view: Company Portal
- In the Company Portal, find and select "Ag Leader SMS". Use the search in the top left for a quick way to find the software.
- Select "Install".
- Ag Leader SMS will begin downloading. The Ag Leader SMS software is large and may take some time to download based on your connection speed. The software will download and install automatically. You may receive a message stating the install has failed. This sometimes happens when the Company Portal tries to check if the software has been installed before it finishes. Check on your desktop for the "SMS Advanced" software.
- Open "SMS Advanced" from your desktop or the start menu in the "Ag Leader Technology" folder.
- The first time you open the software it will ask you to create a new project. Click "OK".
- Enter in a "Project Name" and then click "OK". In this example, we will be using the project name of "Default".
- Click "Open - Default". This name will be different if you used a different project name.
- When asked to Start SMS Tutorial click "No".
- Go to "Tools" > "General Options".Note: You will need to repeat steps 10 through 13 each time you open Ag Leader SMS. Please limit the number of times you open Ag Leader SMS in a day as there are a limited amount of times it can be activated in a day. If possible, keep Ag Leader SMS open throughout the day.
- Select "AgFiniti" in the column on the left. Enter in the credentials provided to you by your instructor. Then click "Verify Account".
- The software will activate and you will receive a message stating "Valid". You may click "OK" to close out of that window.
- Ag Leader SMS is now activated and ready to use.
PDF Printer Not Activated. Error Code -30
To resolve this issue the Ag Leader install must be repaired.
- Close out of SMS if it's open.
- In the "Start Menu" start typing "Add or remove programs" and select it.
- Select on "Ag Leader Technology SMS" and pick "Modify"
- An installation wizard will open, click "Next".
- When asked to modify, repair, or remove select "Repair"
- Click "Next" and "Install"
- Once the repair is finished the PDF printer should now work.
If the steps above don't resolve the issues try the following two steps below.
- Restart the computer and repeat the process outlined above.
- Check for windows updates. The PDF Printer SMS uses will show up in the optional updates. SMS uses ‘AMYUNI Technologies – Amyuni Document Converter 500’.