Ag Leader SMS - Software Install
This document shows students how to install Ag Leader SMS on their student laptops.
Note: Login credentials are required to activate this software. Your instructor will provide you with the credentials.
- Open up "Company Portal" on your laptop. For information on the Company Portal please view: Company Portal
- In the Company Portal, find and select "Ag Leader SMS". Use the search in the top left for a quick way to find the software.
- Select "Install".
- Ag Leader SMS will begin downloading. The Ag Leader SMS software is large and
may take a some time to download based on your connection speed. The software will download and install automatically. You may receive a message stating the install has failed. This sometimes happens when the Company Portal tries to check if the software has been installed before it finishes. Check on your desktop for the "SMS Advanced" software.
- Open "SMS Advanced" from your desktop or the start menu in the "Ag Leader Technology" folder.
- The first time you open the software it will ask you to create a new project. Click "OK".
- Enter in a "Project Name" and then click "OK". In this example we will be using the project name of "Default".
- Click "Open - Default". This name will be different if you used a different project name.
- When asked to Start SMS Tutorial click "No".
- Go to "Tools" > "General Options",
- Select "AgFiniti" in the column on the left. Enter in the credentials provided to you by your instructor. Then click "Verify Account".
- The software will activate and you will receive a message stating "Valid". You may click "OK" to close out of that window.
- Ag Leader SMS is now activated and ready to use.
Note: In the Company Portal the software may show with a status of "Failed to install". This should resolve over time and show as installed.