QuickBooks - Software Install
This document shows students how to install QuickBooks on their student laptops.
Note: Only install this software when requested by your instructor. If you install this software before required, your license may expire before your class finishes.
Students are eligible for a one-year student license of QuickBooks Online and a five-month student license of QuickBooks Desktop. As a student you can request this license twice a year for each year you are a student at Southwest Tech. This will allow you to use the QuickBooks desktop software during
- Visit the QuickBooks Online for Students page here: https://www.intuit.com/partners/education-program/products/quickbooks/student-qbo-signup/
- Fill out the out all the information required.
- Make sure you use your student email address for the email field.
- Enter in "Southwest Wisconsin Technical College" for the School Name.
- Click "Verify and Continue".
- You will be presented with a page requesting documentation that shows you're a student. Upload documentation that contains:
- Your full name
- Your affiliation (Southwest Wisconsin Technical College)
- A date within the last 3 months
- Once uploaded, you will need to wait up to 20 minutes for the verification to take place.
- Check for an email from QuickBooks (Intuit). In the email, click "To access your free QuickBooks Online software, please click this signup link" to continue setting up your account.
- Fill out the information and then click "Create Account".
- You will be brought to the "Set up your QuickBooks" page. Complete the following steps to set up your QuickBooks business.