Topics Map > Software > Windows
Adobe Acrobat - Software Installation and Activation (Faculty/Staff)
This document will show you how to install and activate Adobe Acrobat.
The full version of Adobe Acrobat is only available on Southwest Tech issued devices for staff and faculty computers. All campus computers will come loaded with the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software.
- You must be closed out of Adobe Reader and any open Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) to complete the install. The download size is over 2GB in size so the download will likely take 5+ minutes to complete or more depending on your connection. The installation phase will then take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
- Install "Adobe Acrobat DC" through the Company Portal. For instructions on installing applications through the Company Portal, see the following KB article: Company Portal.
- After the download, when the installation phase begins, if you have Adobe Reader or any Office applications open you will see a prompt asking you to close out of them. Once the applications are closed the installation will continue. If you press "Close Programs", it will close them automatically for you.
- Adobe Acrobat DC will begin installing. Please be patient as the installation process will take approximately ten minutes to complete. Do NOT attempt to open Acrobat or any Office programs during this step.
- You will see a message saying the "Installation has completed successfully" when it completes. Click "OK".Note: The Company Portal may still show as "Installing" after you get the "Installation has completed successfully" message. As long as you get the "Installation has completed successfully" message you can continue to the next step and close out of the Company Portal.
- Once the installation completes, open the Acrobat software. The first time you open the software on your computer you may be prompted to log in to activate the license.
- If prompted please continue to follow the remaining steps to activate the licenses.
- If you're not prompted to activate the license you may begin using Acrobat.
- Enter in your Southwest Tech email address and then click "Continue".Note: You may see a slightly different screen asking for an email and password. In this case, enter in your email, and then when you click in the password box you will automatically be brought to the next screen.
- Under "Select an account". select "Company or School Account"
- You will briefly see a window as it activates online and then be brought to the Acrobat welcome screen. Acrobat is now ready for use.