Topics Map > Software
Topics Map > Network/Internet > VPN (Remote Access)
VPN - Connect to the Southwest Tech VPN
This document shows faculty and staff how to connect their Southwest Tech issued laptop to the VPN.
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet (try opening a browser and going to google.com to verify).
- Double click on the “GlobalProtect” icon in your taskbar (bottom right corner of your screen to the left of the clock).
If you can’t find the icon, click the “Expand” arrow in the bottom right corner of your screen to see all the icons in the taskbar.
If the GlobalProtect icon is not in your system tray, navigate to your start menu search and type in GlobalProtect. Click on the GlobalProtect application to start it.
- In the GlobalProtect window click “Connect”.
Note: If it is asks for a Portal Address, enter “vpn.swtc.edu” and then click “Connect”.
Note: If you’ve logged into the VPN in the past on this device it will remember your credentials. When you click “Connect” it will connect to you to the VPN without prompting for a username and password..
Username: Your username that you log into the computer with (e.g. jsmith)
Password: Your password that you log into the computer with
Logging in After a Password Reset
If you need to update or re-enter your username and password:
- Click the GlobalProtect icon in the system tray.
- Click the “Gear Icon” in the top right and then click “Settings”.
- On the General tab, click “Sign Out”.
- Close the Settings window and try connecting again. It should then prompt you for new credentials.