Topics Map > Network/Internet > VPN (Remote Access)
VPN - Connect to the Southwest Tech VPN
This document shows faculty and staff how to connect their Southwest Tech issued laptop to the VPN.
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet (try opening a browser and going to google.com to verify).
- Double click on the “GlobalProtect” icon in your taskbar (bottom right corner of your screen to the left of the clock).
If you can’t find the icon, click the “Expand” arrow in the bottom right corner of your screen to see all the icons in the taskbar.
- In the GlobalProtect window click “Connect”.
Note: If it is asks for a Portal Address, enter “vpn.swtc.edu” and then click “Connect”.
- In the box that pops up, enter in your username and password and then click “Connect”.
Note: If you’ve logged into the VPN in the past on this device it will remember your credentials. When you click “Connect” it will connect to you to the VPN without prompting for a username and password..
Username: Your username that you log into the computer with (e.g. jsmith)
Password: Your password that you log into the computer with
- After connecting, the “Status” in GlobalProtect should say “Connected”.
- After you’ve connected to the VPN you will need to reconnect to the network drives to be able to access them. Double click on the “SWTC-logon” script on your desktop to reconnect the drives. Nothing will show up on your screen when you double click on the SWTC-logon script. To verify it worked, make sure you can access your network drives.
Logging in After a Password Reset
If you need to update or re-enter your username and password:
- Click the GlobalProtect icon in the system tray.
- Click the “Gear Icon” in the top right and then click “Settings”.
- On the General tab, click “Sign Out”.
- Close the Settings window and try connecting again. It should then prompt you for new credentials.