Topics Map > Software > Microsoft Office
Office 365 Apps - Install Office 365 Apps on your Personal Computer (Windows/Mac)
This document will show students, faculty, and staff how to install Office 365 Apps on their personal computer.
What is Office 365 Apps
Who Can Install Office 365 Apps
Where Can I Install Office 365 Apps
Instructions for Uninstalling Other Versions of Office:
- Log into the Office 365 website at https://portal.office.com using your Southwest Tech email and password.Note: Make sure you use your full email address to sign in. (ex. email@example.com)
- Click "Install Office apps" and then "Office 365 Apps".
- When the download is complete, run the "Office Setup" file you just downloaded.
- Select your operating system below for instructions on how to finish the installation.
If prompted, click "Yes" on the "User Account Control" window.
- Office 365 Apps will now download and install. Please be patient as this can be a large download and long installation depending on your computer and internet speed.
- When the installation is complete, click "Close".
- The first time you open an Office application you will be prompted to accept the license agreement. Click "Accept and start Word".
- A dialog box will open prompting you to sign in. Sign in with your Southwest Tech username and password to activate your copy of Office.
On the "Introduction" step, lick "Continue" .
- On the "License" step, click "Continue".
- On the "Installation Type" step, click "Install".
- Wait for the installation to complete. Please be patient because Office may take some time to install.
- After the installation is complete, click "Close".
- Unless you want to keep the installer (which can be re-downloaded at any time), click "Move to Trash" to delete it.
- The installation of Office is now complete. When you open one of the Office programs, such as Microsoft Word, you will get a "What's New in Word" screen. Click "Get Started" to open the program.
- You will now need to sign in with your Microsoft Account to activate Office. Click "Sign In" at the Active Office screen.
- Enter in your student email (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org) and then click "Next".
- Enter in the password for your Microsoft Account that you created in Step 3 and click "Sign in".
- Wait for the license to activate.
- On the "How would you like Office to look" screen, click "Continue". If you would prefer, you can change the theme from "Colorful" to "Classic".
- Setup and activation is now complete. Click "Start Using Word" to finish.