YouTube - Search Closed Captions on YouTube
This document will show you how to search closed caption text on YouTube. This only works when viewing videos on the YouTube website and not in mobile apps.
- Click the "Three Dot Menu" underneath the YouTube video.
- In the menu that opens up, click "Open Transcript".
- The transcript will appear to the right of the video.
- Windows - Press "Ctrl + F" to open up the "Find Bar".
Mac - Press "Command (cmd) + F" to open up the "Find Bar".Note: The find bar may look, or appear in a different position, depending on what browser and you are using. This example is showing Google Chrome.
- Type in the text you are looking for in the "Find Bar".
- Click the arrows in the "Find Bar" to search through all occurrences of that text.
Tip: Pressing "Enter" on your keyboard will find the next occurrence instead of clicking the down arrow.
- Click on the text in the transcript to jump to that part of the video.