Topics Map > Software
Topics Map > Network/Internet > VPN (Remote Access)
VPN - Connect to the Southwest Tech VPN
This document shows faculty and staff how to connect their Southwest Tech issued laptop to the VPN.
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet (try opening a browser and going to google.com to verify).
- Double click on the “GlobalProtect” icon in your taskbar (bottom right corner of your screen to the left of the clock).
If you can’t find the icon, click the “Expand” arrow in the bottom right corner of your screen to see all the icons in the taskbar.
If the GlobalProtect icon is not in your system tray, navigate to your start menu search and type in "GlobalProtect". Click on the "GlobalProtect" application to start it.
- In the GlobalProtect window click “Connect”.
Note: If it is asks for a Portal Address, enter “vpn.swtc.edu” and then click “Connect.
- If a web browser opens asking you to sign in, enter in your email address and password and sign in.
- After connecting, the “Status” in GlobalProtect should say “Connected”.
- After you’ve connected to the VPN you will need to reconnect to the network drives to be able to access them. Double click on the “SWTC-logon” script on your desktop to reconnect the drives. Nothing will show up on your screen when you double click on the SWTC-logon script. To verify it worked, make sure you can access your network drives.