Zoom - Share your Desktop in a Zoom Meeting
This document will show you how to share your desktop when you are in Zoom meeting.
- After you've entered your meeting (see "Zoom - User's Guide" for starting/scheduling a meeting) click the "Share Screen" button at the bottom of the window.
- A window will pop up asking you to "Select a window or application that you want to share". For simplicity, it is generally recommended that you choose "Desktop 1" or "Desktop 2" (if you have multiple monitors). Selecting a Desktop over an individual application will mean that whatever is up on your screen is being shared. For example, if you selected your PowerPoint to be shared instead of Desktop 1, and then in the middle of your presentation you opened up YouTube in a web browser, then the sharing would be paused while you were watching the video in web browser. The sharing would resume again once you went back into PowerPoint.
If you want any audio shared from your computer (audio from a video, PowerPoint, etc) you should also check "Share Computer Sound".
- After you have your Desktop selected, click on "Share Screen" button.
- You will now be presenting you screen. When you are sharing, you will see a small toolbar at the top of your screen that has the meeting ID. Hover over the toolbar to see additional options.
- You can pause the sharing by hovering over the top toolbar and pressing the "Pause Share" button. Press "Resume Share" when you are ready to start sharing again.
- When you are done sharing your screen press the "Stop Share" button at the top of your window.
↑ Up: Zoom - User Guide