Topics Map > Account
Topics Map > Schoology
Account - Forgot/Change My Password, Account Activation (Staff/Faculty)
Your username for logging in to Southwest Tech systems is your first initial followed by your last name.
Example - John Smith’s username would be jsmith.
Faculty Portal username format example: jsmith
Charger Hub username format example: firstname.lastname@example.org
Most programs use these same credentials (Schoology, MySWTC, CAMS, etc).
Your email address is your username followed by @swtc.edu
Example - email@example.com
Your account will lock after 4 failed login attempts. You can contact the Helpdesk to get your account unlocked otherwise it will unlock automatically after 30 minutes.
Reset Password/Activate Account
You can add additional authentication methods by following this guide: Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) - Overview
- To reset your password, go to: https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com
- Enter in your email address and the verification characters.
- Select the "Text my mobile phone" or "Call my mobile phone" option on the left. Enter in your phone number and then select "Call" or "Text".
- Enter the verification code then click "Next".
- Type in your new password twice. It must match the following criteria:
- Cannot reuse last 24 passwords
- Cannot use "common" passwords (Password1, Spring2023, Summer2024, swtc, etc.)
- Cannot contain your name or part of your username
- Be at least 8 characters long
- Password must contain 3 of the following:
- Uppercase letter
- Lowercase letter
- Special character
- You will be able to sign in to Office 365 services immediately once your password is reset. Local Southwest Tech services (such as Schoology, Faculty Portal) will take approximately 2 minutes for the password to sync.