Topics Map > Account
Topics Map > Schoology
Account - Forgot/Change My Password, Account Activation (Staff/Faculty)
This document will show faculty and staff how to reset their password or activate their account.
Your username for logging in to Southwest Tech systems is your first initial followed by your last name.
Example - John Smith’s username would be jsmith.
Faculty Portal username format example: jsmith
Charger Hub username format example: email@example.com
Most programs use these same credentials (Schoology, MySWTC, CAMS, etc).
Your email address is your username followed by @swtc.edu
Example - firstname.lastname@example.org
Your account will lock after 4 failed login attempts. You can contact the Helpdesk to get your account unlocked otherwise it will unlock automatically after 30 minutes.
Reset Password/Activate Account
You can add additional authentication methods by following this guide: [Link for document 115601 is unavailable at this time.]
- To reset your password, go to: https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com
- Enter in your email address and the verification characters.
- Select the "Text my mobile phone" or "Call my mobile phone" option on the left. Enter in your phone number and then select "Call" or "Text".
- Enter the verification code then click "Next".
- Type in your new password twice. It must match the following criteria:
- Cannot reuse last 24 passwords
- Cannot contain your name or part of your username
- Be at least 8 characters long
- Password must contain 3 of the following:
- Uppercase letter
- Lowercase letter
- Special character
- You will be able to sign in to Office 365 services immediately once your password is reset. Local Southwest Tech services (such as Schoology, Faculty Portal) will take approximately 2 minutes for the password to sync.