Account - Reset Your Password With Your Southwest Tech Laptop at Home (Faculty/Staff)
This document will faculty and staff describe how to reset your password when at home with a Southwest Tech laptop.
You will only need to follow this guide if you are using your Southwest Tech issued laptop at home. Select one of the options below:
- Make sure you are connected to the VPN. For help connecting to the VPN see "VPN - Connect to the Southwest Tech VPN".
- Press "Ctrl" + "Alt" + "Delete" on your keyboard.
- Select "Change a password".
- Enter in your old password followed by your new password twice.
- Cannot contain part or all of your name or username.
- Must be 8-16 characters long.
- Cannot be one of the last 24 passwords used.
- Must contain at least 3 of the following 4 categories:
* One or more capital letters
* One or more lower case letters
* One or more numbers
* One or more special characters
- Log into your laptop with your old (expired) password.
- Follow the 8 step wizard to reset your password here: Account - Forgot/Change My Password, Account Activation (Staff/Faculty)
- Sign into the VPN with your new password. For help connecting to the VPN see "VPN - Connect to the Southwest Tech VPN".
- After signing into the VPN with your new password, your laptop should sync your new password with your laptop. You may receive a message stating to lock your computer to update your credentials. Reboot your computer and log in using your new password.