This document outlines the procedure for downloading and installing software on your SWTC-issued device using the Company Portal application.
The Company Portal application provides access to additonal campus software that can be installed by students, faculty, and staff. The Company Portal comes installed on all Southwest Tech issued hardware.
You will only be able to install software through the Company Portal and computers assigned to you. If you are on a shared or classroom computer you will not have the ability to install software.
Charger Tech 360 students please view the following KB for available software: Charger Tech 360
Note: The Company Portal is only available on Southwest Tech issued devices. You will not be able to install this software on a personal device.
Accessing and Installing Software Through the Company Portal
- You can find the Company Portal app by navigating to your Windows Start Menu and finding it listed in the software, or by typing "Company Portal" and finding it in start menu search.
- Upon opening Company Portal for the first time you may be prompted to select your device category. Please select the appropriate category for your device and then click "Done".
- Find and select the software you need to install by either selecting it from the main screens "Recently published apps", selecting "Apps" on the left navigation panel, or searching for the program.
- Click the "Install" button to begin the installation.Note: Some software may require additional configuration or licensing to use. Check the description of the program for any additional steps that may need to be followed.
- The software will begin downloading and installing.Note: The download and install speed will vary based upon your connection speed and the size of the software. If there are any other pending installs or updates those may need to finish first before the installation will begin.
- When the download and install is completed, a banner and blue check mark will appear saying "Installed". The software can now be opened on your computer. Some software will create shortcuts on your desktop while others may just be in the Start Menu.