Topics Map > Software > Zoom
Zoom - User Guide
This document will show you how to use the Zoom meeting software.
Zoom is an online web conferencing software used at Southwest Tech. Zoom can be used for video and audio conferences, webinars, meetings, and class recordings. Use the links below for instructions on how to set up, join, and present a Zoom meeting.
All Southwest Tech employees have a Zoom professional account.
|Zoom User Guide|
- Using Zoom to Record a Computer Screen and Lab Video (Smartphone) - How to use your smartphone camera to create hands-on instructional videos. Instructors can to jump between there sharing their desktop and smartphone camera.
- Setting Up Zoom Registration to Take Attendance in Virtual Meetings - Setting up registration to track attendees in a Zoom meeting.
- Providing Nonverbal Feedback During Meetings - Meeting participants can place an icon beside their name to
communicate with the host and other participants without disrupting the
flow of the meeting. For example, clicking Raise Hand places the raise hand icon beside your name to simulate a hand raise. All participants can see the icons that everyone else has chosen. In
addition, the host sees a summary of how many participants are
displaying each icon, and has the option to remove all feedback.
- Polling for Meetings - The polling feature for meetings allows you to create single choice or
multiple choice polling questions for your meetings. You will be able to
launch the poll during your meeting and gather the responses from your
attendees. You also have the ability to download a report of polling
after the meeting. Polls can also be conducted anonymously, if you do
not wish to collect participant information with the poll results.
- Breakout Rooms - Breakout rooms allow you to split your Zoom meeting in separate
sessions. The meeting host can choose to split the participants of the
meeting into these separate sessions automatically or manually, and can
switch between sessions at any time.
- Sharing a Digital Whiteboard - The whiteboard feature will allow you to share a whiteboard that you and other participants (if allowed) can annotate on.
- Annotation on a Shared Screen - Meeting participants can annotate on a shared screen as a viewer or the one that started sharing your screen. You can also use annotation tools when sharing or viewing a whiteboard.
- Alternative Host - The alternative host option allows you to schedule meetings and
designate another Licensed user on the same account to start the meeting
or webinar if you are unable to. This user will receive an email
notifying them that they've been added as an alternative host, with a
link to start the meeting. The alternative host will need to use the
link in the email or have the calendar invite sent to them by the
original host and use the join link there. The meeting will not display
in the upcoming meetings list in the desktop client or mobile app for
- Delegate Scheduling Privileges - You can assign or delegate a user or multiple users in your account to schedule meetings on your behalf.
- Using Co-Host in a Meeting - Allows you to share hosting privileges with another user in a meeting or webinar. This can be useful to allow another user to manage the administrative side of the meeting, such as muting participants or starting/stopping the recording. Co-hosts are assigned during a meeting and cannot start a meeting.
|Rooms with Dedicated Equipment|
Rooms that are Zoom equipped have a conference microphone or phone conference unit, camera, and computer with Zoom installed.
The teaching stations in each classroom throughout campus have a built-in webcam and microphone that can be utilized for a Zoom meeting. Additionally, most Southwest Tech issued laptops have a built-in webcam and microphone.
| Room 110||Classroom||Vaddio Ceiling Microphones and Camera (Instructor/Student Presets)|
|Room 130||Conference Room||Logitech MeetUp Video Conference Camera/Microphone|
|Room 340||Distance Learning Classroom||Ceiling Microphone, Two Cameras (Instructor/Student)|
|Room 341||Distance Learning Classroom||Ceiling Microphone, Two Cameras (Instructor/Student)|
|Room 354||Conference Room||Logitech MeetUp Video Conference Camera/Microphone|
|Room 526B||Conference Room||Logitech Conference Hub with 2 Microphones and Camera|
| Room 2007||Classroom||Vaddio Ceiling Microphones and 2 Camera (Instructor/Student)|
|Room 2609||IT Conference Room||Logitech MeetUp Video Conference Camera/Microphone|
|Room 2614||Conference Room||Logitech Camera, Mitel Conference Unit|