Southwest Tech - New Employee Guide
This document will show new employees how to use the basic functions of the campus technology.
- Activate Account & Reset Password - How to activate your account, set/reset your password, and login information.
- Network Drives - Overview of the different network drives available.
- Zoom - All Southwest Tech employees automatically have a Zoom account provisioned for them. View how to sign into Zoom with your Southwest Tech NetID.
- Outlook Web Access - Web client of the Outlook that you can use from any internet-connected computer.
- Zoom - User guide on how to use Zoom.
Southwest Tech Website
- The Hub - An internal website with college announcements, documents, information, links, and other essential information for faculty and staff.
- Faculty & Staff Links - Quick links for faculty and staff located on the footer of all pages on the Southwest Tech website.
- Staff Directory - List of all campus employees and departments with their phone number, email, and location.
- Greenshades (HR Portal) - Electronic timesheet system used by faculty and staff.
- Emergency Mass Notification System - Text alerts for campus closures and emergencies.
- Print Code - Department print code will be provided during your employee onboarding. This code is used any time you print or use a copy machine.
- Phone Overview - Shows the basic functionality and features of the phone system.
- Voicemail Overview - Outlines the voicemail system and provides instructions on accessing and changing greetings.
- Using the Classroom Technology - Instructions on how to use the standard technology provided in Southwest Tech classrooms
- Play a DVD with Closed Captions - Instructions for faculty on how to turn on Closed Captions when playing DVDs in the classroom.
- Cybersecurity Training - Security awareness training for faculty and staff. This training will help you understand the steps you can take to protect the campus and personal technology from internet threats.