Southwest Tech - New Employee Guide
This document will show new employees how to use the basic functions of the campus technology.
- Activate Account & Reset Password - How to activate your account, set/reset your password, and login information.
- Network Drives - Overview of the different network drives available.
- Configure Outlook for First Time Use - Instructions on how to configure the Outlook client on your computer.
- Outlook Web Access - Web client of the Outlook that you can use from any internet connected computer.
Southwest Tech Website
- The Hub - An internal website with college announcements, documents, information, links, and other important information faculty and staff.
- Service Requests - Found under "The Hub" at the top of the page under the "Service Requests" drop-down. This is where you can submit cases for IT, Facilities, Marketing, and more.
- Yammer - An internal social media website for faculty and staff to share information with each other.
- Faculty & Staff Links - Quick links for faculty and staff located on the footer of all pages on the Southwest Tech website.
- Staff Directory - List of all campus employee and departments with their phone number, email, and location.
- Greenshades (HR Portal) - Electronic time sheet system used by faculty and staff.
- Emergency Mass Notification System - Text alerts for campus closures and emergencies.
- Print Code - Department print code will be provided during your employee on-boarding. This code is used any time you print or use a copy machine.
- Phone Overview - Shows the basic functionality and features of the phone system.
- Voicemail Overview - Outlines the voicemail system and provides instructions on accessing and changing greetings.
- Using the Classroom Technology - Instructions on how to use the standard technology provided in Southwest Tech classrooms
- Play a DVD with Closed Captions - Instructions for faculty on how to turn on Closed Captions when playing DVDs in the classroom.
- Securing the Human - Security awareness training offered through Schoology for faculty and staff. This training will help you understand the steps you can take to protect campus and personal technology from internet threats.